Friday, September 24, 2010

A day with the critters



I got to spend a couple of afternoons after teaching just communing with the critters. Caspian, the little boy goat, is almost as big as his mother. He's into head butting everything in sight. Including me. The barn cats were playing with each other. The goats were happy to get some cuddling from me. The pigs aren't very cuddly, in fact I try to avoid getting my tasty fingers anywhere near their mouths. I was trying different weeds to see what they'd eat. They prefer expensive pig feed. But they will eat windfall apples and cooked zucchini.

Had a wonderful dinner with friends. Homemade tortilla chips, beans, homemade salsa, and spicy ground beef. Just an evening of good food and fellowship. I am feeling at peace tonight. I "aced" a really challenging week of teaching, spent time with friends, and spent time with my animals. All is well. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Reading all your posts, I have been impressed by your ability to make time for meeting with friends regardless of how busy you are with the farm. This gives your life a healthy balance, something I never achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it is hard. But I make it a priority to keep my sanity. Even if I have to put the goats up after dark. Which is a huge pain in the backside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the refreshing time with the animals. Such peace.

    ReplyDelete