Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snow

I went to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with my girlfriend's family. I ended up getting snowed in. It was a scramble to find people to watch the goats, but I am so blessed that I was able to find friends and neighbors to pitch in for a couple of days. I ended up spending a couple of extra days and it was wonderful.

There was a one day break in the storms and I was able to make it home. All the animals were safe and sound. Then a new round of storms hit the inland Northwest. I got more snow and high winds. Still have electricity though.

There are four foot drifts in the driveway. I got the tractor stuck trying to dig them out. I am practically snowed in again here. It was much more fun being snowed in with a beautiful woman than it is being snowed in all alone except for the animals. I'll have to chain up the tractor, get it unstuck, and plow the rest of the driveway tomorrow.

Geese are flying over the Palouse. Pretty soon I'll be out to set up a hunting blind and decoys in the hayfield. I can hardly wait.

What a gift it is to be living in such a beautiful, wild place. Despite a touch of cabin fever, I wouldn't trade it for a million bucks. Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. And, I'm glad you got to spend it with your beautiful lady. lol. You can keep all of that snow up there though. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete