Monday, July 4, 2011

Pressing Cherry Juice




We harvested 60 pounds of cherries at a friends orchard the other day. We are frantically trying to process them all. We frozen some, made cherry pies, dried some, and used the new cider press to make some cherry juice.

The boys and I went on a backpacking trip in the mountains. The rivers and creeks were a little high for fly-fishing. Tim cut his foot pretty badly and we had to pack up and hike out then drive to the emergency room in a town 3 hours away. He is all stitched up and fine. I have to go back and hike in to get some of the gear we left behind tomorrow.

I have another job interview on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it. I am at peace with the job situation. Of course, I need the money, but I've done some writing and praying and feel serene about the whole situation. God will provide. God will bring the perfect work into my life. At the moment that work is on the farm and there's plenty of it.

We've been harvesting and processing the early crops. Most of the veggies seem to be coming along. Everything is late, of course, but we should still get a harvest of most things. Some days I feel completely overwhelmed by the magnitude of the farm work that needs to get done. Some days it just feels like we work all day just to keep the animals cared for.

Whisper should give birth any day now. It'll be a mighty time. God has blessed us with such abundance. Sunshine and rain have brought food and fun and family.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

God's creation leaves me so full of wonder. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment