Friday, January 6, 2012

Having a cow II

Well, after much prayer and deliberation, we decided to wait on the raw milk license. The license itself is not particularly expensive, but the vet visit to test the herd would be. One of our goats will be drying off soon, and they all need to be re-bred. The heifer won't be bred for another few months as well. We decided to wait until the goats are all fresh and the cow is closer to calving.

I've been pretty worn out after some long days of working on the farm, raising a child, and a touch of insomnia. I've got another few days of extra work. I may take a break and do a little goose hunting though. The weather has been mild and sunny which is great for getting work done on the farm. Not so good for goose hunting though. The geese are still all up North as the lakes havn't frozen yet.

I've been shoveling a 1/2 ton of gravel out of the back of a pick-up truck. The tractor is still down with a flat tire, so I've had to get it out by hand. We are building a gravel and earthen ramp into the barn for the heifer.

Our enjoyment and satisfaction with our prayer life continues to grow. It is an integral part of our daily routine. I don't think God tells us what the right decisions are, but he can certainly help calm my heart, mind, and soul which, in turn, helps us come to the come to the right decision. I don't like waiting once I've decided to move on an idea, but in the case of the milk license waiting seems like the best course.

We are feeling so incredibly blessed with our farm, family, and friends. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I hate all the red tape just to sale your neighbor some milk. Good luck.