Friday, March 11, 2011

Kids and goats


What lovely day. I've been hanging out all day with the boys. We started the morning in the goat barn. Fed and played with the goats. We trimmed Caspian's hooves and the boys were a great help in keeping him calm while I worked. Later we shot a little skeet. Then we unloaded the antique chicken plucker out of the truck.

Tomorrow I am hauling some large items to the dump, putting an electric motor on the chicken plucker, checking the old dryer vent, and hopefully a few other things. Spring break is a great time for spring cleaning and spring projects. I'm going to build some hoop houses and a better hay feeder for the goats.

Jenny is out with some other moms tonight. I'm staying home and keeping an eye on the boys. They are mostly entertaining themselves so far.

If you see to it each day that your conduct is impeccable, the following day will be completely clear, and you will be free to carry out your plans, always vigilant that you leave no loose ends. In this way, each new day will find you free and well disposed.
Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
I love this quote. The better my conduct each day, the less worry and anxiety I bring into the next day. The less worry I am carrying around, the more freedom I have to live the following day to its fullest.

I am so truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment