Wednesday, May 19, 2010

quite a blow

We are having quite a storm right now! The winds are gusting at around 50 mph. I just heard a big crack back in the area by the old, old willow tree. Scary. Don't want that thing coming through the roof. Just this afternoon it was sunny and beautiful. I planted blue potatoes, more beets, and corn in the garden.

We are, as usual, running way behind on everything. I've got a ton to do to get ready for the goats. Finish the fence, put doors on the goat section of the barn, fix the big pick-up, and patch up the barn walls.

We've got a ton more to do in the garden too. Zoicks! Some friends of mine are having a "spiritual" camp out this weekend on the Salmon River. I'd love to go, but I just don't know if I can. The goats should be coming in about a week. They were supposed to have been born yesterday, but I haven't heard anything.

Well, not much I can do about the wind. And I can only get done what I can get done in the garden. The goats are coming, ready or not, so I better have it all ready on time.

1 comment:

  1. Running behind myself now! I have to get the rest of my tomatoes and peppers transplanted asap. Hubby will need to do his jolokias now too-he's got about a 100. Who will eat those?? not me. I guess we're about a month ahead weather wise here in SC.

    ReplyDelete