Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School's out for Summer!


Today was the last day of the regular school year! Thank goodness. I was getting really burnt out. I love teaching, but by June I am just done. I will have just a couple hours of summer school, but it will be more of a consultation every couple of weeks. I will be working and playing on the farm full time.

We are vending at our first farmers market on Tuesday. We'll be selling eggs, lettuce, and radishes. Our radishes are fantastic. Spicy without being bitter or woody. The cool rainy weather has been good for some of our crops that don't like hot weather. Radishes, lettuce, spinach, greens. On the other hand, our tomatoes have been rotting in the ground. We are supposed to get a run of sunshine starting Friday.

We are just having a blast with all the critters. Dogs, cats, chickens, and goats. We still want to get pigs, but there seems to be a shortage of weaner pigs. Is anyone else around the country finding that? Anyway, we are all set for the pigs, just need to find some at the livestock auction and put up a couple of hog panels. We've got the barn area all ready for them.

The Palouse is beautiful this time of year. A glorious green. I feel so blessed to live where I do.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to get some pigs for the farm. We always had a couple of pigs when I was growing up. There is nothing like fresh pork. I always check on craigs list for pigs. Just in case we decide to get some.

    ReplyDelete