Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting ready for turkey season





Well, one can wish can't they. Despite the fact that there is a foot of snow on the ground, it was beautiful, warm, and sunny today. The sun shining through the snow and ice on the trees was lovely.

We got out Tim's 20 gauge and practiced a little bit on a turkey target. Just getting ready for the youth turkey hunt in early April. Now, I am by no means an expert at turkey hunting, but I do know the land pretty well and I know where we'll at least see some turkeys. Finding a gobbler and getting a shot may be more of a matter of luck than any skill I possess.

The goats are loving having the boys here. We are hoping that both Whisper and Carissima are now pregnant. Carrisima is due, if she's pregnant, in May, and Whisper a little later. Still have to do the math on that one. In any event, I've been avoiding doing the blood tests hoping that they will start showing soon. I can't do the blood test on Whisper for another few weeks anyway as she was only bred in the last week or two.

It is such a blessing to have Jenny and the boys here. They are moving in full time next weekend. It is a huge transition for all of us, but we seem to be handling it with a little grace. Each day I feel more and more blessed for the wonderful life I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment