Monday, October 17, 2011




This is our beautiful son Russell. I am most truly blessed. Through grace alone I have been granted a life beyond my wildest imaginings. We are all recovering from our little adventure to the hospital via helicopter. Russell seems as happy as a clam. Jenny and I are recovering, albiet a little more slowly.


I took Matty on a duck hunt this morning for a few hours. Nothing out of the ordinary, just an average day in the field. The boat motor wouldn't start, cut my hands trying to start it, stumbled around in the cattails trying to find a shore blind, froze my tuckus off waiting for the sun to rise, and shot no ducks. It was glorious. I love being in the field waiting for the dawn to come.


I've still been meditating on redemption. My own redemption came through grace. Unmerited good favor. I am so truly blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie! I hope everything is alright now.
    As the saying goes....A bad day hunting is still better than a good day working. lol

    ReplyDelete