Wednesday, October 12, 2011

sigh, back again

I don't know if there is anyone out there still reading this. I got rid of home internet bacause of the satelite cost. Hard to blog too much at the local library.

I'm thinking I might try to get back into it.

Anyway, Jenny and I did eventually get married. Our son was born in our kitchen. It's been a beautiful time.

Our son is 2 weeks old and was just airlifted by helicopter to a childrens hospital in a city in another state. He seems to be stable and alright. We hope to go home tomorrow. Having insomnia in a hospital room in a strange city is a bummer.

I've been meditating on the idea of "redemption" lately. I have met a friend who thinks he is beyond redemption. He has lost hope. Just so happens today's reading in psalms covers the subject quite well.

R. (7) With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption.

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;LORD, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to my voice in supplication.

R. With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption.

If you, O LORD, mark iniquities, Lord, who can stand? But with you is forgiveness, that you may be revered.

R. With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption.

I trust in the LORD;my soul trusts in his word. My soul waits for the LORD more than sentinels wait for the dawn.

R. With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption.

Blessed be!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, someone is still reading. I hoped all was well during your long absence. You've had some major life changes. Congratulations on your marriage. I hope your son will be home and thriving soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reading! I hope everything goes well with your son. We will be praying. We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi small farm girl and anonymous. Glad to hear you are still reading. Cheers,

    ReplyDelete