Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finally, late spring weather

It was finally in the 60's and will be in the 70's by today! I needed that. The lettuce starts were wilting in the grow room, so I transplanted them outside. I've also planted radish seeds. The onions looks great. The garlic looks great although there is not as much as I would have liked.

Turkey season opens today. I'm going to act like a youngster and go hunting at dawn, eat lunch and change clothes, then go teach from 1:00 pm until 5:00. That'll be a long day for an old fart like me. I guess I'm not that old.

We've been taking Luna on 2-4 miles of walks each day lately. It is the only way to keep her from tearing the house to shreds. Good exercise for us too.

It was so good to get out in the sun and plant seedlings. I also spread manure and tore up the 2nd field some more. I'm going to rip the sod out of one more patch with the cultivator, spread manure, the rototill the whole thing. We are also going to build some goat fence this weekend.

Lots of work to do, but I've never had it so good. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Its good work, the sort that does make you feel blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete